All of our beautiful stained glass windows have been created by artist Rachael Aldridge and now they have been placed into the building and very soon we will get our first glimpse as the next layer of Scaffold comes down!
All of your winners are here, their original drawings or notes and the finished roundels… aren’t they beautiful?
The windows are listed in the order they appear in the building, starting with the front windows that face the piazza and working their way round clockwise.
- The Northamptonshire Rose designed by Stephanie Campbell
2. Brackley Town Council (The three funders of the restoration project have a window each to recognise their input)
3. Magna Carta designed by Christopher Cartmell
4. Brackley Through Time designed by Hannah Mason
5. War Memorial designed by Debra Perry
6. Brackley Morris Men designed by John Weaver
7. St Peter’s Church designed by The Revd Nicholas Gandy OGS
8. C.A.F.E Designed by Ruth Harris
9. Tolerance by Maisie Walker
10. Twin Towns Designed by the Brackley European Association and Suzanne Make
Two designs were entered to recognise the twin towns of Brackley so they were joint winners!
11. Brackley’s Schools designed by Georgia Coker
12. Mary Leapor designed by Carolyn Hunter
13. Arts in Brackley designed by Sam Munday-Webb
14. Brackley Castle designed by Jason Stewart
15. Dr. H.J. Apel designed by Dr H. J. Apel, 37th Lord of Brackley
16. Brackley Freemasons designed by David Parsons
17. Jousting by Val Pendleton
18. Feeding the Ducks designed by Abby Muir
19. The Women’s Institute by Margaret Rogers
20. The Maypole by Riley Bourton
21. Brackley Almshouses designed by Ruth Harris
22. Brackley Viaduct designed by John Bailey
23. The Bell Tower designed by Rhianna Cone
24. Brackley Girl Guiding
25. The National Lottery, Heritage Lottery Fund
26. South Northamptonshire Council