Lots happening again this week, with a very exciting day last Wednesday when the crane arrived to lift the weather vane, bells and clock mechanism back into plIsn’t Isnt it fantastic to see the weather vane back on top of our beautiful building?!
• The Staircase/Lift shaft installation is ongoing. Small crane is still inside.
• The building’s main services are ongoing – Service risers have been put through to the attic now.
• Ground floor ceiling battening for new ceiling level is being installed.
• The fire protection batts are being installed.
• Services have been installed through the first-floor ceiling into the attic
• Paint is still being removed from the first-floor ceiling rib.
• The north and east elevation re-slating is complete
• The leadwork to the dormers are finished.
• Leadwork to clock tower complete.
• Lead hips and ridges are being installed.
Cupola & Bellcote
• The crane lift took place Wednesday to install the Bells, the Mechanism, Clock face and Weathervane.
• The Bell Frame has been re-painted.
• Bell mechanism installed.
• The bell striker has been bolted in place.
• Leaded hatch cover re-installed.
• Clock face surrounds have been installed.
• Mechanism is in place but needs to be set up still.